Assistant Campus Director
|Categories||Business Management & Administration, Education & Training|
- Master’s Degree in Education.
- Standard teaching certificate with secondary principal endorsement and a minimum of three years’ teaching experience required.
- Experience as a principal or assistant principal preferred.
- Must be willing to obtain vocational administrator’s certificate.
Under administrative direction of the Campus Director, assist in the supervision of instructors and instructional areas; coordinate and supervise student activities; enforce policies and procedures of Central Tech for students and staff. Coordinate with the Campus Director to provide leadership in the planning, implementation and evaluation of instructional services for full-time programs.
- Provide leadership and supervision to assigned instructional areas and instructional services personnel.
- Work with instructors and staff to meet needs of instructional areas and students as assigned.
- Serve as campus coordinator and supervisor for designated student organizations and activities.
- Serve as primary contact for student discipline issues for instructional areas supervised.
- Observe and offer feedback on classroom instruction, performing evaluations for instructors.
- Provide leadership to integrate academics into technical curriculum.
- Develop excellent rapport with staff and students.
- Be visible – Develop and implement a daily routine that includes being in classrooms, break area, and interacting with students.
- Set high expectations for student success.
- Enforce school policies for full-time programs, especially attendance.
- Supervise and review budgets for instructors and other staff supervised.
- Work with instructors to supervise instructional assistants in classrooms.
- Maintain records and complete reports as needed.
- Maintain records and work with instructors to supervise on-the-job training and internship or work- based learning opportunities.
- Assist with weekly staff meetings.
- Assist with organizing and conducting district principals and counselors meetings and other events conducted by Central Tech and the Instructional Services division.
- Implement a system to communicate with parents and sending schools as needed.
- Assume responsibility for campus supervision as needed in the absence of the Campus Director.
- Coordinate district wide curriculum alignment and organization for full-time instructional areas supervised.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as directed by the Campus Director, Central Tech administration or Board of Education.