Licensed Practical Nurse
Assist licensed health care providers with daily tasks, primarily in helping clients with medical and health care needs by performing the following duties:
· Render initial medical screening of patients and document appropriately in medical record.
· Prior to each patient visit, confirm that all information, such as medical history records, lab and diagnostic study results, referral reports and hospital/ER records are available for provider review.
· Prepare and equip examination rooms for patient exams. Clean, sterilize, prepare and store medical equipment and supplies used in the clinical area as well as dispose used equipment/supplies in keeping with OSHA standards.
· Prepare patients for exams. Instruct patients regarding procedures and test preparations according to planned procedures as directed by the provider. Assist providers with examination and treatment of patients and document properly.
· Perform lab work, obtain specimens, administer injections (intra-dermal, subcutaneous and intramuscular only), conduct vision screenings, change dressings, remove sutures/staples, assist with nebulizer treatments, administer EKGs and other like tasks under the direction of the provider. Inform provider to diagnostic test results and document properly.
· Draw blood, label specimens correctly, and spin-down and bag specimens. Complete lab requisitions/orders accurately including appropriate provider’s name, patient information and insurance documentation. Receive, sort, and review incoming lab results and forward reports to provider for review and signature.
· Call patients with diagnostic, laboratory and EKG test results as directed by the provider. Coordinate patient follow-up appointments per provider orders. Ensure that diagnostic test results are filed in patients’ medical records after PCP review and signature. Telephone prescriptions to pharmacies, make appointments, and coordinate referrals between patient and outside agencies or the Referral Coordinator as directed by the provider.
· Maintain all logs (PAP, referral and immunization), inventories of laboratory supplies, and medical supplies. Track any missing information as required. Participate in equipment maintenance and quality control activities. Report violations.
· Answer and return telephone calls/encounters, e-mails and faxes in a timely manner.
· Participate in Quality Improvement, staff meetings, outreaches and other activities or assignments as assigned by supervisor. Act as preceptor to students.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $20.00 per hour
All patients and employees are required to wear a mask, temperature screenings, common surfaces are sanitized regularly, etc.