EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED and ability to obtain Commercial
Driver’s License and Bus Driver’s License
EXPERIENCE: Experience in diesel mechanics helpful.
SKILLS: Knowledge of diesel mechanics. Career Tech training helpful.
Must have and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
DEPENDABILITY: Must have regular attendance following a designated work
PHYSICAL STANDARDS: Ability to read and freely move about the campus both on and
off hard surfaces. Be able to stand for long periods of time and
to move freely around the shop. Requires stooping, bending,
pushing and pulling. Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight to a
height of four feet. Ability to pass drug and alcohol test.
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Moderate to extreme. Must deal with multiple mechanical
problems. Must perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Must
carry out daily supervision and instructional assisting tasks.
Must be flexible.
PERSONNEL CLASSIFICATION: Support Employee – 12-month contract
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To repair and maintain the vehicles for the Truck Driver
Training program and other vehicles as schedule allows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform mechanical repairs on all Central Tech equipment with priority assigned
by shop supervisor.
2. Assist other shop mechanics as needed.
3. Complete work orders in a timely manner.
4. Assume responsibility for shop safety of self and others.
5. Maintain tools in a neat and orderly fashion.
6. Individual will provide some security during the evening hours as located in Adult
Truck Driver Training Academy.
7. The shop will remain open throughout the year except designated holidays.
8. Perform other duties, tasks, and responsibilities necessary to accomplish the
objectives of Central Technology Center as assigned by the Transportation
9. Individual must be able to life 50 lbs.
10. Attend in-service and staff development meetings, as well as other school
meetings and functions as required.
11. Uphold policies and procedures of the Central Tech Board of Education.
12. Be able to pass a drug and alcohol pre-employment test, and pass random drug
and alcohol test.
INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS: Maintain a line of communication and work cooperatively with
administrators, instructors and other staff members.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS: Perform such other tasks and assume such other duties and
responsibilities as may be assigned by the immediate
supervisor and/or administration.
To apply for this job submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org