Plastic Molding Mechanical Maintenance Apprenticeship
|Location||Sand Springs, OK|
Parker Plastics, Inc. in Sand Springs, OK is looking for individuals to join our Mechanical Maintenance Apprenticeship program. The ideal candidate(s) will have solid mechanical aptitude abilities with a basic knowledge that includes mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic processes. Willingness to work and learn how to work on, maintain, and repair, extrusion, PET, and injection blow molding machinery.
Qualified candidates must have excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Work with others in positive and constructive manner.
- Dependable with great attendance.
- Can take direction well and can work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Monitor operations.
- Ability to learn how to perform machine setups to approved processing parameters.
- Trouble shoot and solve daily production and technical processing issues.
- Ensure that products manufactured meet or exceed all quality requirements.
- Maintain safe, secure, and a healthy work environment by following and helping to enforce all standards regarding our food safety, OSHA safety, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform and complete daily, weekly, monthly, and annual preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Help monitor and maintain a spare parts inventory.
- Help to maintain and enforce a clean environment.
- Ability to learn how to maintain and repair a wide variety of equipment.
- Willing to take additional training courses.
- As training progresses, must be able to cover other shifts as needed.
- Regular schedule consists of Monday through Friday with some daily and/or weekend overtime available as business needs require.
- Must be available to work overtime on a short notice as needed.
- Working in climate-controlled environment
- Safety food grade facility
- Clean manufacturing facility
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred – Technical Training School or Equivalent.
- Preferred – Able to operate industrial equipment.
- Read and understand written English
- Communicate effectively in English
- Operate equipment at a safe and proficient level
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Lifting to 60 pounds
Our Company is committed to providing equal opportunity employment.
Send Resume to: