POSITION: Substitute Bus Driver/Instructional Aide, Drumright Campus
RESPONSIBLE TO: Transportation Director/Assigned Instructor or Staff Member
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED and ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver’s License and Bus Driver License.
EXPERIENCE: Bus driving experience and/or work in educational setting preferred.
SKILLS: Must be able to safely drive a school bus and perform daily maintenance tasks related to bus care. Must have good interpersonal relationship skills and be able to maintain a safe environment within the bus.
DEPENDABILITY: Must have regular attendance following a designated work schedule.
PHYSICAL: Ability to supervise students in the performance of the classroom.
STANDARDS: and shop tasks. Ability to read and assist instructors in the evaluation and grading of papers. Ability to freely move about the campus both on and off hard surfaces. Be able to stand for long periods of time and to move freely around the classroom. Requires stooping, bending, pushing and pulling. Ability to lift 30 pounds of weight to a height of four feet. Ability to pass a physical exam to qualify for bus driver license.
EMOTIONAL EFFORT: Moderate to extreme. Must deal with multiple students and staff. Must perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Must carry out daily supervision and instructional assisting tasks. Must deal with student discipline problems, which may create high stress. Must be flexible.
ADDITIONAL Have an area in which to safely park the school bus overnight, weekends, and holidays if required, or find a place to park the bus.
REQUIREMENTS: that meets the above requirements and is approved by the Transportation Director. Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test. Applicants must have or be able to get a CDL Class B license with air brakes and a P&S endorsement. Also, have or be able to get a bus driver’s license.
PERSONNEL: Support Employee/Temporary Contract
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To safely transport students to and from their home school area and to provide assistance to instructors/staff where assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SPECIFIC MAJOR DUTIES
1. To drive the bus safely.
2. To maintain a clean bus.
3. To perform a bus pre-trip safety inspection prior to each route.
4. To immediately report any problems (mechanical and safety) to the Director of Transportation.
5. To immediately report any student problems (discipline or other) to the appropriate Assistant Campus Director.
6. To participate in in-service and staff development meetings, as well as all other school meetings and functions as required.
7. To perform tasks assigned by the instructor/staff member the driver assists.
8. To complete required reports and records in a timely manner.
9. To work with Campus Director/Assistant Campus Director for improvements and classroom assistance.
10. To perform duties as a substitute teacher when requested by the administration or assigned instructor.
11. To be in the classroom from 8:45 to 11:00 and 1:00 to 3:10 when driving a bus route.
12. To provide supervision and service to students as directed by the instructor or staff.
13. To help with student supervision, whether students are on the bus, in the classroom, lab or shop, and in all other areas of the school.
14. Be familiar with the student handbook and the behavioral expectations for students.
15. Provide a safe and positive environment for students’ learning and skill development.
16. Serve as a role model for students as demonstrated by dress, attitude and personal relationships.
17. Uphold policies and procedures of the Central Tech Board of Education.
18. Be able to pass a drug and alcohol pre-employment test, and pass random drug and alcohol tests.
INTERNAL: Maintain a line of communication and work cooperatively with administrators, instructors and other staff members.
OTHER: Perform such other tasks and assume such other duties and FUNCTIONS: responsibilities as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or administration.
To apply, submit a letter of application with a current resume and confirmation of any required certification to:
Kevin Holba, Transportation Director
3 CT Circle
Drumright, OK 74030
Phone: 918-352-2551 – Fax 918-352-4522
To apply for this job submit your resume to email@example.com