CLASS B CDL
The ELDT Class B CDL course is 10 training days plus one (1) test day for a total of 80 hours. The class consists of both the federally required theory curriculum and hands-on training.
Class tuition is $1,580.00.
- Tuition includes drug test.
- Central Tech provides all materials and trucks.
- Central Tech will schedule tests and retests.
Students must obtain their Class B permit by the Friday prior to the first day of class. CDL test day is the following Monday after the two-week training.
The written test for the permit must be taken at DPS. You must provide DPS with an original or a certified copy of a state issued birth certificate or passport, and proof of Oklahoma residency. You must take and pass the following tests to obtain your class B permit:
- General Knowledge (Chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the CDL manual)
- Air Brakes (Chapter 5 of the CDL manual)
- Take CDL practice tests here
Hazmat Endorsement (Oklahoma residents):
Get your Hazmat Endorsement here.
Central Tech’s entrance requirements reflect trucking industry hiring standards to help ensure that graduates are employable in the trucking industry.
The individual must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license. NOTE: Each student will be given the opportunity to obtain an Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License while in training.
STUDENTS MUST PROVIDE
- An original or a certified copy of their state-issued birth certificate OR passport.
- Proof of legal domicile/residency.
These documents are required each time you interact with the Department of Public Safety.
Federal law requires drivers to be at least 21 years of age to cross a state line. Individuals age 18-21 are able to obtain a CDL license but will be restricted to intrastate driving until the age of 21 years.
Alcohol or Drug-Related: No conviction within the past five (5) years.