Hazmat Endorsement (Oklahoma residents)
First-time CDL applicants needing the Hazardous Materials (Hazmat) endorsement must undergo a Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) background check and fingerprinting prior to receiving a Hazmat endorsement. Here is a list of disqualifying criminal offenses.
Central Tech encourages students to obtain the Hazmat endorsement because it increases employment opportunities. It is recommended that Oklahoma residents complete the following steps for Hazmat endorsements before the first day of class:
- Go to tsa.gov
- Obtain a confirmation number and pay with a credit card or money order.
- When the application requests your CDL license number, use your Oklahoma driver’s license number.
Applicants should expect to receive written notification from TSA within 30 days after the in-person enrollment is complete. Some applicants may experience a longer wait time of 45+ days when records require a more detailed review. Applicants may check their status online via our enrollment portal.
- For individuals whose fingerprints may not be of sufficient quality for processing, an alternate process may add additional application processing time of 2-4 weeks.
- For individuals who elect to update personal information (such as legal name changes) after their person enrollment, processing time may take 1-3 months to make that change.
- To ensure all eligible applicants receive their security threat assessment results in a timely manner, TSA encourages applicants to apply for employment-related programs (TWIC and HME) at least 10 to 12 weeks prior to when the results will be required.
All applicants must have one Primary and one Secondary form of identification at fingerprinting collection sites.
Click here to find other locations across the state of Oklahoma.
Hazmat Class Details:
Hazmat Training is an eight-hour online course. The cost is $200.00.
Submitting the application below is your first step. Your application will then be reviewed and you will be contacted. If you have any questions you may reach us at 918-352-7316.
Start early on your background check and fingerprinting. We encourage you to do this before the first day of your ELDT Hazmat class, since it MUST be complete for you test for your endorsement.
CDL Hazmat Application
Central Technology Center, in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1974, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, and age in any of its policies, practices or procedures. These equal opportunity provisions include, but are not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, educational services, treatments, or access to programs or activities. Students are admitted to programs based on their interests, indicators of ability to succeed in their chosen occupation, aptitude and prior performance in school and work. Other factors may be considered that affect the student’s ability to fully participate or complete a program or to obtain professional credentials at the program’s conclusion. Career training is organized through the National Career Clusters Framework and is offered in Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources; Architecture & Construction; Arts, Audio/Video Technology & Communications; Business, Management & Administration; Education & Training; Energy & Power; Health Science; Human Services; Information Technology; Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security; Manufacturing; Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics; and Transportation, Distribution & Logistics. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws may be forwarded to:
- Title VII coordinator is LaDonna Gear, Assistant Superintendent, 918.352.2551
- Title IX coordinator for Drumright campus is LaDonna Gear, Assistant Superintendent, 918.352.2551
- Title IX coordinator for Sapulpa campus is Kim Howard, Sapulpa Campus Director, 918.224.9300
- Section 504 coordinator for Drumright campus is Shane Bruce, Campus Director, 918.352.2551
- Section 504 coordinator for Sapulpa campus is Kim Howard, Campus Director, 918.224.9300
- ADA coordinator is LaDonna Gear, Assistant Superintendent, 918.352.2551
- Compliance coordinator is LaDonna Gear, Assistant Superintendent, 918.352.2551
Central Technology Center
3 CT Circle
Drumright, OK, 74030