Medium/Heavy Diesel Truck Heavy Line Technician
In this class you will learn the skills to provide service and repair to the engine, chassis and drive train components. You learn about the electrical system and to test and replace the system components using a digital volt ohm meter.
You also learn about the preventative maintenance inspection and performance procedures, regulations, and documentation as well as how to inspect, diagnose and repair diesel engines. You gain hands-on experience in disassembling, repairing and reassembling a diesel engine.
In addition, you learn about the brake system, steering system, hydraulic system, and drive train diagnosis, problem solving techniques and repair procedures. You cover hydraulic systems found in medium and heavy truck applications as well.
The hours completed in this program align with ASE/NATEF standards, and ASE certification is recommended and industry recognized.
AREAS OF STUDY:
- Introduction to Diesel Technology Safety & Electrical
- Diesel Electricity Fundamentals
- Preventative Maintenance Inspection & Service
- Diesel Engine Systems
- Workforce Staging
- Tire Service, Heating & Air Conditioning
- Medium/Heavy Truck Brakes
- Medium/Heavy Truck Steering & Suspension
- Medium/Heavy Diesel Truck Drive Train
- Medium/Heavy Diesel Truck Hydraulics