Graphic Designers tell stories with creative thinking and problem solving with images, words, or symbols.
Did you know designers must be great communicators? That’s right. A Graphic Designer’s job is to communicate their client’s brand and ideas. To do this they must:
- have a strong foundation of design principles,
- be good problem solvers, and
- become continual learners to keep up with changes in marketing and advertising.
In our class, you will learn the basics of Graphic Design. You will understand what makes something visually appealing and why. By studying design principles like color, contrast, balance, and more, you will learn how to incorporate these skills into three software design programs.
AREAS OF STUDY:
- Layout Design Principles
- Design Software
- Introduction to Graphic Communications
- Introduction to User Experience (UX) Design
- Multipage Layouts
- Portfolio Creation & Professional Development
POTENTIAL CAREER PATH:
Some of the favorite Graphic Design projects include:
- Write and illustrate a children’s book.
- Create a theme and design a movie poster.
- Create an event announcement in the style of your favorite artist or designer.
- Redesign a book jacket from one of your favorite books.
- Design a frontend digital application and/or website.
There are two big projects in this class. The first one is a group projects where your team works with an outside client to create any branding, business, and advertising tools the company needs. This could include logos, business cards, billboard design, etc.
The second project is a large team effort working with the Interactive MultiMedia (IMM) class. You will work together to create an annual issue of Tech Times, a 32-page magazine. You must meet deadlines, schedule and conduct interviews, write articles, design advertisements, work with IMM for photography, create layouts, and design the publication. This final capstone allows you to utilize all skills and software learned in the class.
May require additional feesRead More
- Adobe Certified Associates (ACA)
Students, Campus, TimesRead More
- Students: Adult & High School
- Campus: Drumright
- Times: Morning, Afternoon, Full Day