Unlock a transformative path towards becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and make a meaningful difference in the world of healthcare. This class offers comprehensive education in principles of healthcare, illness prevention, and health restoration, equipping you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the competitive nursing field and pursue a rewarding career dedicated to compassionate patient care. Adults only.
YOUR NURSING CAREER STARTS HERE
Practical Nursing is the practice of nursing under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician or dentist.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care based on the knowledge and application of principles and skills in the prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
Once licensed, employment opportunities for LPNs in the health care industry are found in hospitals, home health, doctors’ offices, long-term care facilities, and various health care agencies.
EARN APPLICATION POINTS WITH THESE CLASSES:
This career program is divided into three levels:
- Level I is devoted to teaching basic sciences and basic patient care.
- Level II prepares you to perform advanced nursing skills along with medication administration.
- Level III then focuses on obstetrical nursing and disease processes.
The course includes classroom instruction and clinical experience in area health care facilities.
Practice your skills on a SimMan before you work on a human. State-of-the-art mannequin exhibits symptoms and ailments and can even breathe, vomit, urinate, have a bowel movement or have a baby.
“Great PN class, instructors, and curriculum! Students are prepared once completing the PN program.”
- Applications Open 11/27/23
- Applications Close 1/12/24
- Orientation 2/2/24
- Class Begins 2/28/24
Licensed Practical Nurse
Areas of Study
- Core Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Long Term Care Certified Nurse Aide
- Intro to Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Clinical I Basic Nursing
- Pharmacology & Intravenous Therapy Skills
- Medical Surgical Nursing I & II
- Clinical II Medical Surgical Nursing (Part I)
- Clinical III Medical Surgical Nursing (Part II)
- Pediatric Nursing
- Maternal/Newborn Nursing
- Clinical IV Transition to Practice
- Mental Health Nursing
Potential Career Path
$80 for first time. $50 for retake.Read More
To schedule an assessment please contact Denisa Whitehouse at 918-227-9264.
May require additional fees.Read More
Licensed Practical Nurse – Oklahoma Board of Nursing
Students, Campus, TimesRead More
- Students: Adult Only
- Campus: Drumright
- Times: Options available – call for details