Practical Nursing is the practice of nursing under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician or dentist.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care based on the knowledge and application of principles and skills in the prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
Once licensed, employment opportunities for LPNs in the health care industry are found in hospitals, home health, doctors’ offices, long-term care facilities, and various health care agencies.
This career program is divided into three levels:
- Level I is devoted to teaching basic sciences and basic patient care.
- Level II prepares you to perform advanced nursing skills along with medication administration.
- Level III then focuses on obstetrical nursing and disease processes.
The course includes classroom instruction and clinical experience in area health care facilities.
Practice your skills on a SimMan before you work on a human. State-of-the-art mannequin exhibits symptoms and ailments and can even breathe, vomit, urinate, have a bowel movement or have a baby.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Our Application Checklist will make your enrollment process easier along with our Practical Nursing Handbook (subject to change).
Areas of Study
- Core Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Long Term Care Certified Nurse Aide
- Intro to Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Clinical I Basic Nursing
- Pharmacology & Intravenous Therapy Skills
- Medical Surgical Nursing I & II
- Clinical II Medical Surgical Nursing (Part I)
- Clinical III Medical Surgical Nursing (Part II)
- Pediatric Nursing
- Maternal/Newborn Nursing
- Clinical IV Transition to Practice
- Mental Health Nursing
Potential Career Path
$80 for first time. $50 for retake.Read More
May require additional fees.Read More
Licensed Practical Nurse – Oklahoma Board of Nursing
Students, Campus, TimesRead More
- Students: Adult Only
- Campus: Drumright, Sapulpa
- Times: Options available – call for details