Practical Nursing is the practice of nursing under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse, licensed physician or dentist. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides care based on the knowledge and application of principles and skills in the prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
Once licensed, employment opportunities for LPNs in the health care industry are found in hospitals, home health, doctors’ offices, long-term care facilities, and various health care agencies.
This career program is divided into three levels:
- Level I is devoted to teaching basic sciences and basic patient care.
- Level II prepares you to perform advanced nursing skills along with medication administration.
- Level III then focuses on obstetrical nursing and disease processes.
The course includes classroom instruction and clinical experience in area health care facilities.
Practice your skills on a SimMan before you work on a human. State-of-the-art mannequin exhibits symptoms and ailments and can even breathe, vomit, urinate, have a bowel movement or have a baby.
AREAS OF STUDY:
- Core Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Long Term Care Certified Nurse Aide
- Concepts of Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Clinical I Basic Nursing
- Pharmacology & Intravenous Therapy Skills
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Clinical II Medical Surgical Nursing (Part I)
- Clinical III Medical Surgical Nursing (Part II)
- Pediatric Nursing
- Maternal/Newborn Nursing
- Clinical IV Maternal Newborn, Pediatric, & Mental Health
- Mental Health Nursing
- Transition to Practice
- Clinical V Transition to Practice
Nursing schools have a competitive admission process. Please read the Pathway to Practical Nursing to learn how to add points to your application and cut down on course time.
Class Begins: 2/5/20
TEAS Testing ($80 for a first time take and $50 for a retake):
To schedule an assessment please contact your desired location.
Drumright (contact Cindy Gann: 918.352.2551):
February 12, 2020
March 11, 2020
April 8, 2020
May 13, 2020
June 10, 2020
Sapulpa (contact Denisa Whitehouse: 918.227.9264):
January 22, 2020
February 26, 2020
March 25, 2020
April 22, 2020
May 27, 2020
June 24, 2020
Great PN class, instructors, and curriculum! Students are prepared once completing the PN program.
Mollie Tanner, Pipeline Urgent Care
AVAILABLE CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSE. MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FEES.
- Licensed Practical Nurse – Oklahoma Board of Nursing
- Students: Adult Only
- Campus: Drumright, Sapulpa
- Times: Options available – call for details