BASIC MEDICAL ASSISTANT
In this program you will learn the role of the basic medical assistant. You will learn:
- A Brief History of Medicine
- Characteristics Needed to Be a Medical Assistant
- To Practice Good Ethical Behavior
- Good Communication Skills
- How to Take Patient History
- To Do Basic Patient Assessment
- To Assist in Minor Office Procedures
You will also learn basic skills related to assisting in any type of medical office with direct patient care.
Additionally, you are provided the opportunity to use the theory in practical clinical experiences. In this program, Core Medical Terminology and Anatomy & Physiology are taught.
AREAS OF STUDY:
- Introduction To Medical Assisting
- Core Healthcare Provider CPR & First Aid
- Core Medical Terminology
- Safety, Legal Issues, & Quality Control
- Clerical Skills & Duties
- Introduction To Medical Office Clinical Procedures I
- Medical Informatics
- EKG Management & Tracings
- Analyze EKG Tracings
- Phlebotomy Specimen Collection & Processing
- Medical Assisting Externship
In addition to the Basic Medical Assistant curriculum, you are provided the opportunity to use the theory in practical clinical experiences. In this program, Core Medical Terminology, Anatomy & Physiology and Health Careers Core Curriculum are taught.
AVAILABLE CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSE. MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FEES.
- Registered Medical Assistant
- Registered Phlebotomist – American Association of Medical Personnel
- Students: Adult & High School
- Campus: Drumright, Sapulpa
- Times: Morning, Afternoon, Full Day